The workweek and weekend are those complementary parts of the week devoted to labour and rest, respectively. The legal working week (British English), or workweek (American English), is the part of the seven-day week devoted to labour. In most of the Western world, it is Monday to Friday; the weekend is Saturday and Sunday. A weekday or workday is any day of the working week. Other institutions often follow the pattern, such as places of education.
There are many options for weekend trips from Bangalore, here are a few ideas:
- Visit the hill stations of Coorg or Chikmagalur for a refreshing break from the city.
- Go on a wildlife safari at Nagarhole National Park or Bandipur National Park.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hampi, with its ancient ruins and beautiful temples.
- Take a trip to the hill station of Ooty, known for its tea plantations and picturesque views.
- Go on a trek to the beautiful hills of Skandagiri or Anthargange.
- Visit the ancient Jain temple complex at Shravanabelagola.
- Spend a relaxing weekend at the hill station of Yelagiri, with its picturesque views and adventure sports.
There are many other options as well, depending on your interests and the amount of time you have available.